Thursday, October 3, 2013

Technical Obstacle in RSBY Abandoned 28 lac from Insurance Cover

Technical hitches in implementation of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in Uttar Pradesh has left around 2,802,000 beneficiaries in 34 districts of the state without health insurance cover for more than a month. As per the earlier plan, the cards were to renew rather than to issue new; but these technical snags compelled the government to issue new cards.

With a view to provide health insurance coverage to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India launched RSBY. The central government contributes 75% of the premium; while the concerned state government pays the rest 25%.

The beneficiaries only need to pay Rs. 30 per year towards registration/renewal fee. Beneficiaries under the scheme are entitled to hospitalisation coverage up to Rs. 30,000 per year for most of the diseases that require hospitalisation. The insurance is cashless as every beneficiary is provided with a smart card, which he/she can use in network hospitals across the state.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?